January 22, 2012
4745 17th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98105
CALL+RESPONSE is a first of its kind feature documentary/musical performance film that reveals the world’s 27 million dirtiest secrets: there are more slaves today than ever before in human history. CALL+RESPONSE goes deep undercover where slavery is thriving from the child brothels of Cambodia to the slave brick kilns of rural India to reveal that in 2009, Slave Traders made more money than Google, Nike and Starbucks combined.
Following the film, there will be a panel discussion and Q&A about ways you can respond to modern slavery and bring about change. This screening and panel is sponsored by the Junior League of Seattle. View the trailer and consider attending with your fellow League members.
Please note for Junior League of Seattle members this is an
optional event that does not result in obligation fulfillment. JLS leadership has changed the status of this event. It is now worth one Training Credit.
- Sarah Collins: Mother of missing Kelsey Collins
- Sheila Houston: New Horizons Ministries
- Peter F. Qualliotine: YouthCare and The Bridge Program (w/City of Seattle)
- Harvey Sloan: Former Seattle Police Detective (ret.) in ‘High Risk Victims Unit’ and Co-Director of Washington Advisory Committee on Trafficking
- S. Mar Smith: Washington Engage
- Robert Beiser: Hillel UW